While choosing the appropriate tools and process seems to be quite difficult, but the use of valuable resources available, processing can help manufacturers do most small parts. Due to the increasingly fierce competition, can choose the most advanced tools and technology to improve the productivity, in order to maintain the leading position in technology, manufacturing enterprises may decide and select the appropriate business success or failure. The tool partners, but also to ensure the success of the processing.
Although different micro cutting processes require different cutting strategies and processing sequences, there are still some technical know-how and machining guidelines that are applicable in many cases:
(1) in Swiss style lathe processing, should first in the main spindle for drilling and internal turning, because the guide sleeve can play a supporting role on the bar, therefore, can improve the processing stability
(2) the second step should be to cut the outer circle on the main spindle. If possible, it is better to use a knife to complete the cutting depth at the same time to shorten the cutting time so as to improve the machining stability
(3) the third step should be the milling process. The end face milling is preferred. Because the stability and power of the rotating spindle are limited, the cutting force is smaller, the better, and the end face milling can meet this requirement
(4) in order to finish the final stage of the outside diameter of the workpiece before the cutting process, the highly productive reverse machining is adopted, and it is helpful to reduce the vibration once a knife is finished
(5) cutting is the last step in the main shaft. The closer the two spindles are, the smaller the part overhang and the better the surface finish is
(6) finish the finishing process on the sub spindle at the end. The process is usually done with an inner diameter, but it can also be an outside diameter machining